View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Default August Pickup Thread

Posted By: Keith

Hey guys, Here are some of my recent pickups.

First is this 1913 Football pennant. I have seen this pennant a few times with the same player and with Harvard on the right (Mears has one, and I saw on on Carlton's National (07 I believe) writeup. Harvard won the championship in undefeated fashion in 1913, so I am guessing this is a Harvard pennant to celebrate there championship season.

Next, I picked up this Eagles pennant that I haven't come across before. I have the same style pennant already, but the one I have has Eastern Champions above Philadelphia.

Lastly, although not a August pickup, I have yet to show the following items, and I just framed them. They are a 3 page letter on 1930's Philadelphia Eagles letterhead written from Bert Bell to his wife, a Bert Bell signed NFL pass given to his son Upton, a Bert Bell signed drivers license, and 2 Bert Bell double signed Eagles checks. I have had stuff custom framed before, but I found a cheap alternative for this group. I purchased a large clearance framed floral print at Michaels for $27 bucks, removed the offensive floral print, and placed a large feltish black backing behind the Bert Bell items in the frame. I think it was a nice cheap alternative to custom framing and I think it displays pretty well.