View Single Post
Old 11-18-2022, 05:49 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Don't worry Nic, I thought you might be taking it from the comedic/satirical side. I've learned not to just assume though, and from my side always try to throw in an LOL, smiley face, or something to designate the humor or satirical intent of what I'm saying. If I don't do that though, I am generally being very serious.

And as I responded to Jim, the OP, in my last post, I do not think that given the way things are today that businesses are still all totally ignorant or oblivious to potential issues that can arise in regard to being associated with things that aren't accepted like they once were. The rise of online presences and social media have taken care of that. Again, look at the other current thread here on the forum asking about certain players you may not collect due to things they've said or done. There were several posters so far admitting they have issues with, and therefore don't want, cards of certain players as a result. So why would it seem to people that the idea of a grading company maybe not wanting to be associated with a potentially offensive card to many is somehow crazy and farfetched? As a CPA yourself, who's probably worked with and advised a number of businesses over the years, what would you say if someone from a TPG had come to you as their client and said they had someone submit a potentially racially offensive card to them to grade, and they were concerned that by grading it, their company name would now be right alongside of and forever linked to that potentially racially offensive image. Would you just simply tell/advise them to go ahead and grade it, make the couple extra bucks off this one customer, and don't look back or ever worry about it because it couldn't possibly ever negatively affect their business going forward, or would you say something else like, holy crap, maybe we should talk and think about this some more?
Yep. The world is infinitely more complicated than it was just 10 years ago. What a time to be alive!

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel