View Single Post
Old 06-14-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hankphenom View Post
I've been going to and setting up at shows for 40 years, I've seen all the cycles repeat themselves, just never paid much attention because I had no interest. Beanie Babies, Pogs, Pokemon, inserts, refractors, whatever, they all passed by and were a part of the scene at shows but not part of my scene, there was no reason for me to investigate them further. I guess this was just more of that on a larger scale at Philly, and things will get back to their old sleepy selves before too long. At least there will be a lot of lessons learned by these kids on both sides of the ledger. Does this generation collect anything? Did your generation collect anything they still care about? If not, I find that incredibly sad, but to each generation their own.
I'm from my generation and I collect cards. But it didn't matter when I was born. I was going to do it anyway. We would all probably say the same thing and we are all similarly aware of how small our circle is. It will always be that small. If you remember that you won't get burned.