View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 09:45 AM

Default Brooks Robinson PSA Master Set - 1975

Good morning! This week we have a lot of entries. 1975 has 21 different cards. We begin from the left with the Hostess Cereal Panel. The Panel is hard to find at a high grade. The PSA 6 here is nothing special; there are 12 graded higher. The single PSA 10 is tied as highst graded with 30 peers. The Kellogs card is tied as highest graded with 40 peers at the PSA 10. The two 1975 Japanese NST Mr. Baseball Nagashima JMC 1 Brooks cards/stamps are pretty rare. The one of him in uniform is a PSA 5, which is pretty nice despite the grade. There are 2 graded higher. The other Japanese card where Brooks is not in uniform is the highest graded as a PSA 8. Both of these cards are hard to find and can be a little expenisve. There is a Boog Powell card, too. Next, you will find the 1975 SSPC Brooks regular card, which is a PSA 10 with 324 peers. I love the 1975 SSPC set...full of Hall of Famers. The All Star card is a PSA 6 with four graded higher. The All Star Cards are hard to find and impossible to find in a high grade. Next you will find 3 rows of four cards from 1975...the mini topps set, the regular topps set and the o-pee-chee set (OPC). Each set has a regular card, the MVP card, team card and AL Champions card. I have found both the mini and OPC cards are more scarce than the regular set. The mini regular Brooks card at PSA 9 was very hard to find. This one elluded me for years. There are 22 at PSA 9 and 3 PSA 10s. The MVP card is a PSA 9 with 36 peers and 4 PSA 10s. The Orioles team card is a PSA 9 with 37 peers and only 3 graded higher. The Championship card is quite expensive at the PSA 9 or 10 level; here I am showing a PSA 8.5 with 2 peers and 12 graded higher. The 1975 regular Topps card is a beauty...this PSA 10 has 7 peers. The MVP PSA 9 has 67 peers and 1 graded higher. The Orioles team card is a PSA 8 with 209 peers and 44 graded higher. The AL Championship cardis a PSA 9 with 34 peers and 2 graded higher. The OPC cards are all in a nice grade. The regular PSA 9 has 9 peers with 1 PSA 10. The MVP is a PSA 7 with 6 peers and 14 graded higher. The Orioles team card is highest graded as a PSA 8 with 5 peers. The AL Championship card is a PSA 6 with 3 peers and 11 graded higher. Finally, you have the two Orioles mail in checklist sheet team cards. The gray back is the highest graded with 2 peers (I own two of these at this grade...by accident). The white back checklist sheet card is a PSA 7 with 2 graded higher. I believe this is the first of many years topps sold the hand cut sheet cards. Anyone remember requesting these by mail? See you next week with 1976.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1975 Topps Brooks.jpg (83.0 KB, 212 views)