View Single Post
Old 08-02-2020, 09:26 AM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natswin2019 View Post
I'm glad this thread got bumped to the top because you guys are my kind of collectors. I like low grade cards for many of the reasons that you guys have already said. I like how it gives them a certain character and makes them feel more real. I usually don't mind if there's a visible crease or 2, if they are off center or has bad corners. The only things that bother me are paper loss, lots of writing or if part of the card are missing. I'm also a big fan of how it allows me to afford more cards in the set that I'm building or more of the random cards that I think are cool and to pick up.
I look for the same type of cards as you. It's all about how the card looks, and there are plenty of lower grade cards that look just fine when they are in a binder. I'm fine with some minor creases as long as they don't have a major impact on how the card looks. I also try to avoid paper loss and writing as well as tears and pinholes. There is no way I would have nearly as much in my collection otherwise.