View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Scott Russell

Here's the OP:

"I keep telling myself who the hell has the right to tell somebody they can't alter anything they own? If you understand the law this is not illegal. You can do whatever you want to your cards. If PSA/BGS/SGC grades the card then that is on there service standards not the guy doing it. This has been going on for over 25 years.

If somebody is selling a card that is trimmed on ebay and you win it, Simply return it, the buyer always wins the case..

Grading companies are never going to even be close to consistent. The whole grading on new cards is a crock of #@#@#@#@ to begin with. The people who pay stupid money for black labels and PSA 10 need to be checked in the head to begin with. There are most likely PSA 9 and BGS 9 of the same quality of card on the market. Vintage cards should just be given an authentic by grading companies and let the people determine the condition on there own.

The people calling out others for trimming cards and finding evidence need to go to the local trophy shop and have one made up for yourself. I hope your proud of your nothing accomplishment.

I understand there is real corruption in any business, but the guy trimming the cards is not doing something illegal, its simply the grading company not having high enough standards. The sad part is the same fools calling out people for trimming will complain when they get their future PSA orders back with trimmed cards. But But I pulled it straight from a Pack??? Well sir you should learn not #@#@#@#@ where you eat because you just made PSA raise their standards......

Ill get this out of the way. I don't trim or alter cards. I simply can see past the foolishness around this topic."

- Jeff Francis
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 07-11-2019 at 07:39 PM.