View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 12:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Not sure that is entirely accurate. Certainly there were those accusations, which PSA was vigorously denying. I have heard that David Hall at one of PSA's annual gatherings for their top customers made an impassioned defense of the accuracy of the "8' grade, arguing that because those doubters haven't seen the card out of the slab as he had, his opinion should carry the most weight.

So now if in fact the card is re holdered as an "A" AND SOLD WITH THAT LABEL ON IT, IMO that is a materially different fact circumstance and I would be hesitant to predict the outcome. Accompanying this scenario would be as time went on there will be less talk of it being the highest graded Wagner. So even if it did hold its value today, that does not necessarily portend what its value might be in the future.
I would bet anything Gidwitz (spelling?), Siegel and Kendrick and anyone else I have left out knew very well what the deal was. Maybe the general public didn't entirely but so what. It's "The Card." It's infamous.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-10-2019 at 12:25 PM.