View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 board housekeeping topics

Posted By: leon

The site is actually free to have altogether if you don't mind the pop-ups. For $99 per 6 months we get up to 2,000,000 page views per month with no pop-ups. For that paltry sum we get a pretty good site. We only get around 350k-375k hits per month so we are safe there. That's why I said there won't be any pop-ups on my term. A term is non-definite. There's really no rules or set time period. There are quite a few people that have been on the board a long time and I am one of them. I was asked by Bill if I wanted to take over, I guess because he trusted my opinions, for the most part, and he was asked by Elliot probably for the same reasons. I guess I could be ousted...but not sure how No biggie there...I think for the most part folks are ok with the way it goes. For the time being I am going to shelf the idea of any advertising although I do have something in mind for the future, potentially. It wouldn't be too bad, or commercialized, as I don't want this site to get bogged down in that kind of stuff. One of the main reasons about the advertising decision is that, like I said, we (Brian and I)are beholden to no one and no other biases come into play. And many THANKS to Hal for his support of the site. I/we appreciate it...and welcome back too....regards all....moderator dude

edited for grammar