View Single Post
Old 08-10-2005, 07:10 PM
Administrator

Default Net54 board housekeeping topics

Posted By: honus3415

Before we all jump on the bandwagon for NO advertising, lets explore what possibilities exist. Don't get me wrong, popups are the steroids of a websites\forums and I would never like to see ANY advertising\steroids on the opening page of this forum.....banner or otherwise.

But..........are their other possibilities???? Something that could improve the forum, GENERATE FUNDS and keep everyone happy???? Could a win-win situtation exist for the forum?

Is it possible to create something along the lines of a sub-link (such as the "Vintage Links | Forum FAQ's" pages) where sponsor banners could be dislayed AND could genetate funds, help improve the site and maintain the overall clean forum that we all have grown to love. Great job Leon and the rest of the team.

If so......then the generated funds (less yearly fees of couse, despite the fact Hal's probably got it paid through 2008) could possibly be used to increase forum interest and participation through a monthly contest or give-a-away.

How much are we potentially talking about through sponsors??? Would there be enough that the forum could have a worth-while monthly vintage card give-a-away? A contest that would purchase a card from a community member to be lotteried off to the community.

So before we all start screaming "NO POPUPS". I would vote for further investigation as to what possibilities exist. All advertising is not pop-ups.

If there is any interest and some fingerwork needs to be done, Leon please let me know and I will help anyway I can.

Just a thought found in a dusty corner of the batting helmet rack.