Thread: October pickups
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2013, 08:22 PM
Joe Gonsowski

Glad the jersey mess has been resolved on good old Net54.

Here is a scorecard I picked up earlier this month. I have a nice little collection of Detroit Wolverine scorecards, but this is the first from Detroit's home, Recreation Park. It is only the 2nd example I've seen over the last decade, the only one scored. Being a small market team (pre auto-industry), Detroit's home attendance wasn't quite as good as on the road and it seems as though baseball memorabilia and collections didn't survive at the same rate as those on the East coast. At any rate, I'm glad to have this keepsake from July 26th, 1887. Pete Conway would lose 8-1 to Chicago but did manage to hit a homerun which would be the only Detroit offense for the day. Perhaps the most remarkable feat of the game was the fact that Clarkson, Chicago's pitcher, also hit a homerun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside v2.jpg (74.7 KB, 474 views)
File Type: jpg outside v2.jpg (76.1 KB, 474 views)
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers