View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Wow, what an opportunity to feel like a big shot.... I can be the opening bid for $500K and not have to worry about winning and paying up...

Any idea how an auction house would verify if you could even possibly pay for the item if you happened to be the high bidder? Do they pre-qualify bidders for something like this?

Also, does being a "jumbo" really increase the value of the card? My only thought would be that someone would crack the case, laser down the edges and still have a card that meets the minimum requirement.

Wow, I wonder if anybody's ever done that before???
Hi Fred,
Here is a recent message to me concerning your questions.

“Please note that to preserve the integrity of the auction and protect all bidders as well as the consignor, bidding on this lot requires pre-approval and all interested bidders MUST contact us in advance for pre-approval or they will not be authorized to bid. No approvals will be given within two business days of the auction close”
This is right from the last line in the description of the card.

And the 2 business day statement is in there , obviously, because if we do not know someone and need to check references, and any financial info, we cant be doing it on last day!

thanks"