View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 10:26 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWakefield View Post
Maybe the lady that picked up the ball will lawyer up; and then there will be raised issues of false imprisonment, and coercion as a reason for voiding the exchange of the ball for the other stuff.

The issue of MLB refusing to authenticate an item if a fan leaves the ball park with a ball is a bit more problematic.

But here I am on the 7th of April, still annoyed with what MLB has done to Opening Day. Tradition is something that cannot be bought. Tradition is something to be respected. Opening Day is supposed to be a day game in Cincinnati, preceded by the Findlay Market Parade. Other teams "open" the next day. I can tolerate a game being started a couple of hours later in Baltimore. But that's it. The Dodgers' owners took more than a baseball from that lady, they took Opening Day out of the country, and probably made bank in the process.

One more thing about tradition, once you let go of it, you can't get it back.
Frank, I was in the Navy for 26 years. They have tinkered around with tradition there too. They got rid of the "Cracker Jack" dress blues for E-6 and below, and brought them back. They got rid of dress khakis for Chiefs and Officers, and brought them back. The Navy is huge on tradition. I +1 agree with you about opening day. MLB needs to open the season in Cincinnati. This needs to be fixed, along with a great many nonsensical, tinkering with the game rules changes. But it all comes down, in the end, to $$$$$$$.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***