View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 04:55 AM
Doug Goodman

Default The Dodgers Hate Us All

The Dodgers hate their fans, opposition fans, you, me, nazis, pacifists, tall people, short people, Randy Newman, fat people, skinny people, white people, black people, blue people, red people, green people, the list goes on.

I'm a life long San Francisco born Dodger fan. Since Sports Illustrated was still mostly black and white.

Thru thick and thin.

I saw game 5 of the 1974 WS in person with my dad. I was 11. ALL of my friends were rooting for the Sacramento A's. Horrible day.

When I moved to LA I became a season ticket holder.

Best stadium in baseball to watch a game. I've seen regular season games in 49 parks.

I travel for a living. A lot. One year I went to 67 home games. Never missed a pitch.

Constant run ins with security from the parking lot to my seat illustrated how little they cared for me as a fan. Lot's of effort put into protecting other stadium attendees from my "Pitch To Barry" shirt (which was under a Dodger's Hawaiian shirt), they should have put as much effort into protecting Bryan Stow.

Finally, on April 29, 2010 they caused me to make a vow, which they later tried to bribe me break, and failed.

I vowed that day to never give them any money (besides their cut of my MLB radio yearly subscription) and to never set foot in Dodger Stadium again unless any of my bosses had a stage set up in the outfield, and I was on salary. I wasn't working for anymore Green Day when they played there, and I didn't get the Guns & Roses gig, so potential crisis averted.

The biggest argument I ever had with my current boss involved me not accepting his numerous offers to attend a game with him, with would have meant anyone watching on TV would have had to see my smiling face during every pitch of the game.

I'm still a Dodgers fan. I understand that probably makes no sense to you, but no other team would care about me either, so I stick with my love of 50 years.

In three weeks it will have been 14 years since I was there, and I don't miss it one bit. It's nearly impossible for me to watch their games on TV, much like most residents of LA.

I listen to most games on the radio.

I miss Vin.

Last time I saw them play in AZ (after my vow, because road games aren't home games) I met Vin at the airport after the game, what a genuinely nice man. Too bad he wasn't in charge of the whole organization.

Fuck them.

But I'm glad they beat the Cubs today, although my previous bus was not.

Insert smiley face here.

Doug