View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 05:34 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default Probstein F'd me again!

Over the years I have had problems with eBay purchases from Rick Probstein. The latest takes the cake. Apparently he has either figured out an eBay policy loophole or he "inadvertently" fell into one. This will blow your mind. I recently won three cards from his auctions to the tune of approx. $1,400. The key card was a Reggie Jax for $1,100. I rec'd a USPS Priority Flat Rate signature req'd box in a timely manner and signed for it as it appeared to be in perfect order. Upon opening it, only two of three cards were inside. Of course, the key Reggie card, was not. It only gets better (worse)....I immediately eBay message Probstein. He does not respond for 24 hours. I message him again. He does not respond for another 24 hours. I contact eBay Concierge who understands the situation and they open an Item Not Received case. They tell me I have wait 7 days so the seller, Probstein, has an opportunity to respond. Of course he does not and the week expires. I contact eBay Conceirge again thinking I would then be refunded.......That is simply not possible I am told, after speaking to three reps in "Sportscards" at eBay, including Team Leader Heather. She stated I would not be eligible for a refund because I signed for the pkg and there is tracking on eBay confirming it. That is all that mattered to her. She did not care that Probstein ignored any/all communication requests for 10 days. She did not care that the pkg was short packed and missing an item. She did not care that I am out $1,100 because of this. I tried a few times following up with other eBay Conceirge reps and got nothing but a run-around. Multiple reps thought they could resolve this by trying to do a return item case instead of an item not rec'd. At the end of several days and attempts, that will not work either - again, I am told because of the tracking and me signing for it and accepting it in good order. Well, could this mean that any package that comes signature required should be opened in front of the carrier? Of course not, but eBay has no answer to that insane proposal. What it does mean, is eBay is either protecting their biggest sports card client (now that PWCC was given the boot) or they have a loophole. I will be taking advantage of this loophole to recapture my $1,100. I (or you, or anyone) can just sell multiple items to a single buyer on eBay. Short pack a USPS Priority Flat Rate box intentionally, and require a signature. Then just ignore any/all communication from the outraged buyer, then ignore eBay communication for the one week period and be done with it. No consequences whatsoever. That said, I am honest as the day is long, but I refuse to be F'd out of $1,100. They and Probstein leave me no choice. If anyone has any experience or recommendation for a better resolution, I am all ears, and I thank you for suggestion. PS - Tried calling Probstein and the same old "Mail Box Full" recording comes on.....