View Single Post
Old 04-27-2022, 05:11 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Just a heads up. Sold a Boxing Cabinet Card on Ebay. I listed it in the Trading Card section, because I thought that was the best audience for it.

I was happy with the result.

It went for high enough of a price, it had to be shipped to the Authentication program, before going to the buyer.

I figured they could authenticate a simple Cabinet card.

Just got this message back from them:

They are sending it on anyways, so not a big deal...just a heads up they are not "Authenticating" Cabinet cards...but if you list in the Trading cards section it will still have to go through that extra layer of service to get where it's going.

I know technically I could have listed in the "Memorabilia - Photographs" section, but thought that would be counter-intuitive to getting a strong price and reaching the right bidders.

This is assuming, I'm guessing at the exact reason they rejected it from their program. Could be something else for all I know. Ebay's not known for being the most transparent company in the world.
That's the Choynski cabinet, I assume. The buyer of the other one of the two that were up last week reached out to me for reassurance that the one Gary was selling was OK. It was. Yours looks great too; I actually wanted to bid but my snipe didn't go off since it had already exceeded my ceiling. Happy to vouch for you if it is an issue.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-27-2022 at 05:14 PM.