View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 06:47 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Thank you for all the responses on and outside the forum.

George, you are quite correct on the extreme toll catching Radbourn day-to-day would take on Barney in 1884. Catching was a punishing position, among my favorite books, "Catcher" by Peter Morris helps put this into perspective.

Mike, you should be able to see all 21 Detroit subjects in my original email. I split it into three images, one for each year, at end of my post. I'll do one better for you, here is a snap shot of the 72 different N172 poses in small format.

1887 - 28 of 28 poses

1888 - 16 of 30 poses

The Pitchers - Baldwin, Conway, & Getzien

The Position Players - Gilligan, Scheibeck, and White

1889 - 11 of 14 poses

The 1888 Detroits are very tough. I'm not aware of anyone completing a run of any single player outside of Gilligan's lone pose. It is far easier to complete some of them with team change cards but nearly impossible to complete an all Detroit 1888 run (of course, many advanced collectors actually prefer to have representation from all teams and avoid collecting all with same team). If you happen to have a Detroit pose I need I would love to hear from you, even if there is no chance of trade, it is quite gratifying to know some of the poses are out there.
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers

Last edited by Joe_G.; 04-06-2020 at 06:59 AM.