View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 11:16 AM
Administrator

Default T5 Pinkerton Cabinets

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

had about 20 or so of them. Won 13 in a Mastronet auction years back. They were either cream or the grey mounts like those pictured. I've seen more than one on a mount similar to Leon's but don't really know what to make of that. Maybe it was a 'fill in' when they ran out of the cream or grey mounts. The cream & grey mounts were all the exact same size. For the most part, all I had were glued with a thin line of glue at the top although I had some that were glued in both places. I have to guess the latter had been done at a later time, not original to the issue. I had a McCarthy at one time.....not sure if Dan got it or not. I believe the last bigger batch I had, I sold to Brian Dec at one point. Couple years ago. Great issue and harder to find than they used to be. Had a Cobb at one time that was glued at top and bottom. The actual photo is paper thin. It is not an albumen type photo but basically paper. Have a BUNCH of photos of them on a hard drive at home that I'll try to post at a later time..............