View Single Post
Old 02-19-2020, 10:01 AM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I know this is off subject, but I disagree with this.

I bought a memorabilia piece from them that they specified as a specific piece. After receiving it I tried my own research more and couldn't confirm anything from the item description. When I contacted HUNT's with the conflicting information they told me essentially "that is what our consignor told us". So they took the work of the consignor with out any bit of research and fully relied on that info. When I asked if they could provide more providence, they told me the consignor didn't have anything to provide. I haven't bid with Hunt since. The item was so cheap that I let it go, but they lost my trust.
I wïll say that Hunt is not for the faint of Heart. If you are able to figure out their website and even login, then let the search begin. I believe Hunt's business plan is to use minimal descriptions, regular scans, and group up items in the lot. Its like walking into a huge online flea market where you can find gems all the way down to duds.

They seem to always have a ton of stuff and the starting out bids are low. Their signiture or Platinum auctions are better than their monthly ones on all levels. They been around for years and most buyers know of them. Agreed they should not have used a "consignors word" on a description unless noted.

Still, they move a lot of items and from almost any decade you want to collect.

Im sure I left many AHs out of my list as I was just firing them out, as I was thinking of them. Ive never delt with Birmingham auctions, so I didn't List them... Nothing personal.

Last edited by BeanTown; 02-19-2020 at 10:03 AM.