View Single Post
Old 02-07-2022, 09:47 PM
dA.N CH@SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I'm thinking Ebay is doing a lot of damage control because of all their sellers they've pissed off due to this. And as a result, I don't think they'd make an even greater monumental error by telling everyone not to worry because they didn't actually send any 2021 1099-K forms that did not meet the reporting threshold in to the IRS/CFTB, but then sending them in anyway. I can't believe even Ebay could be that effing stupid! So though I can't guarantee it, I think you'll be okay to assume your 2021 form 1099-K did not get sent in to any tax authorities. Good luck.
I have talked to some upper management people there. I believe that they can be that stupid!

If I did use the 1099-K form for my taxes, would the IRS/CFTB question me using a form they never got? I know the run reports and can find out immediately if you didn't use the 1099-K to file. However, would they run a report the reverse way to see if you used a 1099-K form that they never received. I guess they wouldn't care since reported income means more money for them.