View Single Post
Old 12-08-2019, 07:19 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Psa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
It’s all about the money....They still perceive PSA slabs around their cards will bring them more money when they sell.

PSA has a Teflon Business people flock to them it doesn’t matter how many altered cards they slab. Pop and Registry have them hooked like a trailer.

PSA has been smart having yet to address any of the underlying issues with their company grading tens of thousands of bad altered cards. They know people are hooked and many rely/need them for their business ....they won’t bite the hand that feeds them. This continues to prove itself day in and day out based on submission and altered cards in their holders showing up in the Major Auction Houses.
Right, Wrong or Indifferent........ PSA they’re here to stay only getting stronger.
I agree that PSA is getting stronger. A few months ago I was at a card show and I was looking at an SGC 30 T206 Walter Johnson. The seller was asking $450, and I thought that was a decent price, but I decided not to buy it. A couple of months later, I went to another show and looked up the dealer and asked him if he still had the Johnson, and I planned on buying it. However, he had sent it to PSA and it came back as a PSA 2. The dealer told me that now that it was in a PSA holder he was asking $650, so of course, I didn't buy it.

Same card, same grade, different grading company, but $200 higher asking price. As a buyer, that formula doesn't add up for me.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.