View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 09:04 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Pat

Great, then it's back is "black". First one that I've seen. I have an assortment of about 60 cards of T80's with CAIRO MONOPOL (CM), LENOX, TOLSTOI, UZIT, and Blank-backs.
My 50-card set is near complete set.

In an inverse way, your "black" back CM card supports my theory which I noted in post #10 in this thread (i.e., the brown LENOX T206's are the result of printer's mistaken ink
application on a press run of T206 LENOX cards. And why brown ink ? Because the prior press run was CM cards. So, your CM card with the "black" is the result of vice-versa.
The more significant factor that reinforces my theory is the fact that ONLY Group B subjects of the 350/460 series have been found with the brown LENOX backs.

Printer's errors such as this have also resulted in other T206 backs having the wrong color.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Hey Ted,
I was posting to show how the Brown Lenox stands out when compared to the Black Lenox and the Cairo Monopol it had nothing to do with your
theory. As a matter of fact your group theory mirrors what I posted 5 years ago with the exception of Ames who is to use Scot Readers phrase is a rule breaker.

I posted this thread 5 years ago

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...ighlight=Lenox

It didn't receive a response but I brought it up again in one of your threads

img884.jpg

Your response was it was worth tracking and coincidentally
a few months later you started your Brown Lenox theory
that with the exception of Ames mirrored what I posted.

Last edited by Pat R; 08-12-2020 at 09:05 AM.