View Single Post
Old 01-14-2006, 09:16 PM
Administrator

Default W575-2 schedule card question

Posted By: prewarsports

Here is my take on them. I personally feel these were offered by a wholesale company to distributors to use and that a few major dealers of candy or whatever used them. I aquired an entire set last year and found that about 1/3 of the cards were significantly narrower than the rest. The other 2/3 all measured the same as the standard cards you find most frequently. Under magnification and black lights it was clear to me that both sizes were machine cut and probably issued on the secondary market through two different companies. I am 100% convinced these were issued with products as I have NEVER seen a W575-2 that had hand cut marks where the cuts were vintage and not done in recent years. This leads to the conclusion in my opinion that these were not issued in strips to the general public but already cut for insertion into a product. Whether or not they were issued in strips to the second parties for insertion into their product is a different story. This is just my opinion but I have owned a lot of these including the set I bought last year which was fresh to the market and had not seen the light of day in 80 years.

Rhys