View Single Post
Old 09-27-2007, 02:55 PM
Administrator

Default Banning people....one more down.....Jay B.

Posted By: Joann

Leon - thanks for the follow up comment to the conversation about your duty to advertisers. Frankly, I thought it was a perfect example of what I talked about at length yesterday - the tiny little things that start linking advertisers' interests to board policies.

Board decorum? Good. Becuase of duty to advertisers? No. Your only duty to advertisers should be to display their ads in the place and at the times paid for. Anything more starts down the slippery slope.

And I would have preferred Jay not be banned. It's no secret that I support Jay in general, so obviously I would prefer to see him here. I think he does have a lot to add in terms of card knowledge and a somewhat unique collecting style and history.

But I also know what you mean about having to defend yourself frequently. It can't be easy and Lord knows you have more patience than I do.

Personally, I think that once Jay started the other board more of his posts related to cards and the hobby were reserved for that forum. Then the posts here about advertising, etc, were more isolated and less in the context of a knowledgeable regular contributor voicing a concern. He had been posting on general topics more the past few weeks, and I was glad to see it.

But disagree as you may with his style, I firmly believe that his drive is his appreciation for this board. Like he said once, it's like home. Seriously. I think he really loves this forum, and has been advocating for what he believes is right.

At least there's that. I vote for it to be temporary.

Joann