View Single Post
Old 09-10-2021, 07:37 PM
Curt

I don't have a lot of in person experiences to share, but these are probably my favorite photos.

The earliest was not for autographs, only pictures. I would discover later that the "best" one I got to stand next to was Bill Mazeroski, who briefly coached for the Mariners. This was 1980 inside the Kingdome, hence the dark background. Even to this day, not a fan of the knee patch pants and standing on the sides of my feet in this picture, but I guess I did that then, so it is what it is! Dig that Bochte Pepsi Jr Mariners T-Shirt though. Wish I still had that.

1980 Mazeroski.jpg

My first IP signing (outside of baseball games) was Bob Feller when he came to Pacific Trading Cards before they were a major card maker and just a retail shop in Edmonds, WA. I think that was 1984, w/o looking it up.

Feller.jpg

Then there was the first, and only, meeting of Steve Garvey at the 2001 AS Fan Fest in Seattle. An epic event that I was not prepared for (all my stuff was in storage for a household move), so I only had a crude printed copy of the 75 Yearbook cover for him to sign.

200494_1020865288082_7028_n.jpg

The last one is a fairly recent one that is fun, because Dave Stewart was kind of an imposing presence on the mound. However, I am a big guy, so Dave looks small next to me! This is at a minor league game in Everett, WA.

P8060007.jpg

Last edited by mrmopar; 09-10-2021 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Correcting typos