View Single Post
Old 09-09-2006, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Default Looking for information about e98 "Old Put" cards

Posted By: barrysloate

To Jim B.- I've been meaning to share a story with you that is completely off topic but I know you will appreciate it and I hope the others won't mind. My wife and I own a home in eastern Long Island in a town called Noyac. Henry Chadwick used to summer there in the late 1800's. We live across from the water and down the street from us a house is being currently built by a woman who has owned the waterfront property for a number of years. That woman is Sue Graham Mingus, the widow of Charles. I only came to realize recently that the wife of one of Jazz's great geniuses and eternal lights will be living a few doors down from us. I have heard she is a bit reclusive and not very accessible, and I am sure managing the Mingus Orchestra keeps her busy travelling, but I hope one day to meet her and tell how much I admired her late husband. She wrote a moving book called "Tonight at Noon" about his life and tragic death from Lou Gehrig's disease. Sorry to get so off topic, but I know Jim would appreciate the story.