View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 06:11 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by egri View Post
Good to know; I'm glad to know all this before I go through the hassle of going to the National. I might still make it to one, but I'll adjust my expectations.
You won't know what is there until you go. Why take the advice of a PAM (pisser and moaner) who has not attended since 2018. There were quite a few autographs there not just in auction previews. I was privy to an extremely large and significant transaction related to pre-WWII signatures. The purchaser told me because they trust me, but will not publicize it and neither will I. I also travelled from Virginia with very little expectations of finding signatures I could use. Other than paying to get a few items signed by one of the athletes my total autograph expenditure was $15 for 4 signed index cards and two signed picture postcards. I will drive to Chicago next year and visit antique malls along the way. Last year I found a certificate signed by Morgan Bulkeley, first president of the National League and Hall of Famer in one of those antique malls. I enjoy flying, but that made the drive worth it.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 07-31-2022 at 06:17 PM.