View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 08:03 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
Received mine today. I've already been through the online listings a dozen times but I still took two hours to flip through the catalog this afternoon. The day the REA Catalog arrives has become one of the high points of the year. The quality and presentation makes it more than just a catalog, it's like a history book for our hobby. There was a thread on another forum about the cost incurred by REA for publishing and postage for their tome and honestly the past few years I've occasionally had a dreadful thought that REA will go online only. I can only hope not.

Cheers and good luck with the bidding. Looks like I might work overtime this month.
Funny that you say that -- I was trying to understand why Rob would go to the expense of putting something like this out as it has to be exorbitant and, after all, the catalog has the same info in it as does the website. But I agree, there's some sort of significant psychic value of having this giant book. I actually received two this year and I was thrilled to get the second one, of course so that I can leave one of them outside of the bathroom.