View Single Post
Old 04-11-2012, 09:12 PM
Richard Simon

Don - the poll stands at 37-5, basically that means the vast majority of the people who voted do not give any credibility to your version of events. That is the most overwhelming vote I have ever seen in a pole on Net54.
You have stated there is a visible impression on the back of the autograph, made by a pen. If the autograph was printed by machine, which is what most believe, then there should be no impression. So these people are all saying they doubt your story.
A word of advice - if your story is true, and you know it to be true, take a picture of the signature with a current newspaper and post that here and then ship the autograph to me or Travis. I will be happy to reimburse your shipping expenses.
Otherwise there will always be doubts about you and your entire story. The story of the cut appearing in an estate sale with old cards, the story of PSA and the amazing forger who fooled them and everything connected to this will always be doubted. Your future actions in the hobby will always carry this story with them. You have backed yourself into a position where you have to prove your innocence. I know that is contrary to the American way but that is how things have turned out here. And it is quite easy for you to prove your innocence. Extraordinarily easy as a matter of fact. And please, don't repeat the story of being afraid the cut will get lost or that I will do something with it. Nobody here gives those stories any credibiliy at all. Those stories just make you look much worse and tend to make people totally disbelieve whatever you say.
Don the ball is in your court now.
What will you do?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 04-11-2012 at 09:20 PM.