View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 01:00 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

My definitions:

I split printing errors and cutting errors.

Printing errors

Ghost: a wet sheet transfer where the ink from one sheet migrated to another leaving a mirror image of what is on the source sheet

Registration Error: a misprint where one or more ink passes was misaligned, resulting in an offset print. Varies in severity

Missing Ink: self-explanatory

Wrong back/front or inverted back: where the sheet was facing the wrong way when one side or the other was printed.

Misaligned front/back: where the sheet slipped when one side was printed and the result is the correct front/back combo but not aligned

Wrong partial print: where one or more ink passes was made with the wrong image, usually resulting from the sheet facing the wrong way for fewer than all of the ink passes

Misprint: anything that isn't covered above

Cutting Errors

The printing is OK on both sides of the card and they are aligned; the cutting was bad. Varies in degree from a nuisance to collectible--for me the latter begins where the image on the next card is visible

Diamond cut: I see these mostly with Topps cards. where the card is a diamond shape

Scrap

Stuff that does not appear to have made it through the end of the printing process or into the product

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 03-14-2012 at 03:40 PM.