View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 02:20 PM

Default T206 Ghosts....

Scott...

I totally agree.....drunken registers DO NOT COUNT AS GHOSTS.....

I saw all three as soon as they were listed because i have no life and basically hawk ebay.....When i saw ghosts i got excited!! then to my dismay , i was dissapointed once again....

14 years Quest for these things.....i have seen less than a handful like Jamie's, mine or Rob's(actual printed black outlines), rob why do u tease me???LOL.....i'm sure there are a few more different examples tucked away, but everyone is super tight lipped, i know not every collector reads this board(not sure of the total picture, but it could be a good sample of the overall population of collectors, haybe 30 or so???Leon would know more)....the probabilities of them being out there are good, but depends if they got cast aside to the land of the misfits...or over the years truly thrown away...

That's one of the reasons i collect these....one man's trash has truly become another man's treasure...they are not as many survivng examples as everyone is starting to realize(hell my matty y/b looks like it survived an apocalypse)....there probably were tossed in the trash even after they were saved from the trash.....hell, even a few years ago they were cast aside, Thank God, it was the only way i could afford them....as i passed up TONS AND TONS of "rare" backs, thats why when i saw a freak i had to pull the trigger, just more of a collector base/interest in the rarer backs, but i predict a swing towards these freaks..

Each card is a "snowflake"- hence my snowflake theory.......even the sister scraps off the same sheet have their own characteristics sometimes(like my 2 krugers)...These cards are true"one of a kinds " or very few...a whole unique set would be the ultimate imho.....imagine the monster as a true monster???
I love rare backs, but they all look the same pretty much.....i like card where almost no-one can own another......becomes card envyLOL

notice how these unique ones are referred to???

THE "downey overprint" THE "bender ghost" and now the "fergie ghost"....try to find another, id love to see, my challange to any collector...if u do, send me a scan and i'll take out my check book

These are the "chase " cards of yester-year.....if collectors scarf at them or put them down, they are just jealous because they don't own one...

I'm kinda screwing myself by brining alot of the obvious to light, so in the future, all future error t206 collectors please have mercy on this poor soul and throw a card this way, or help a brother

Peace...

bash as you will.....