View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Bill Zimpleman

Default Funny Story

The year was 1970 and there was a large flea market on the streets of Gettysburg, Pa. We left early Saturday morning around midnight to be there bright and early. The only problem was that it was raining so had you could hardly see. When we got to Gettysburg we found that they canceled the flea market until the next day so it was off to finding antique shops. Riding the old country roads we saw a old greenhouse next to an old farm house advertising antiques. Looking through the windows of the greenhouse you could see T-3's lined all across the top of the walls. We went pounding on the farm house door until someone answered. I asked about the baseball pictures in the greenhouse and the owner said $5.00 apiece. I had about $300. on me. That was a lot for me in those days. I picked out 25 cards and figured I'd better save money for the next day at the flea market. Among the 25 cards was Cobb plus other HOF'ers. Well the next day we go to the flea market and I found one card the whole day. a Old Judge cabinate of Stovey for $1.00 so we head back to the greenhouse to buy the rest of the T-3's. We rode around for hours looking for the place and never was able to find it again. Was I in the Twilight Zone or what. Oh well I was happy with my find but it could have been so much more