View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I. "Iggy" G0nz@lez
"rich"

Leon,

Thank you for the input, that is interesting........so Burdick had the checklist at ten. Smart guy, I think he knew a thing or two about this hobby of ours. I've been reading past Net54 threads (slow day here at the Richie Rich mansion), if you read this old thread: http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...highlight=w553 . An interesting observation by Brett Domue don't you think............he actually questions whether the W553 checklist should be updated and some cards moved to the Leader Novelty checklist. I wonder where I got my idea. By the way, I know it's Friday and Net54ers are getting ready to hit the disco, but I'm going to keep bumping this thread until I see a W553 Jimmy Foxx.

By the way, I'm always amazed by that miscut Joe Judge card. So were they horizontal or vertical? The world will never know......

Lovely Day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Nice analysis Iggy. As a type collector I haven't kept up with the known players in W553. In Burdick's last ACC which he updated (1960), he mentions 10 were seen. In the 2011 SCD I see 15 listed as W553 but in the new 2012 shortened edition, I don't see them listed at all? I would be curious how/when Bob added the other 5 cards? I only have Ruth in W553 but have these below in Leader Theater....I will try to search my hobby library for more answers. BTW, you really should have put "T206" and "autograph" in the title of this thread so more people would look at it .

Last edited by iggyman; 03-09-2012 at 07:30 PM.