View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
This guy is supposed to be a professional. There is nothing professional about what he said. Jeremy Lin fought for his career daily for years. He didn't persevere just to have some idiot make racially insensitive remarks about something that has nothing to do with basketball. I think most of the outrage doesn't have to do with what he specifically said, the words he used, just the fact that he thought it was okay to say it. Especially in today's world. Obviously he wanted people to read it or he wouldn't have posted it to the Internet. That's where the real disgust lies.

If you went back and read some of the things people used to say about Jackie Robinson it would make your head spin. Why should someone have to be subjected to anything like that again?
Absolutely "Right oN!"

Since then, as a society we've done a 180 verbally... it's to our own demise. Lin is an amazing physically talented ball player who has come a long way. He's just now starting to develop.

My Bother, who is a retired NYPD officer, told me yesterday that when the media asked Kobi Bryant "What he thought about Lin?" His reply was, "Who?" Well, I'm sure he knows who Jeremy is NOW!