View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 10:23 AM
Mike Dugan

You know guys maybe we should create our own Hall of Saints. Those wives that have put up with this illness of ours for years.

I would like to nominate my wife as the first member. Susan has put up with this for 34 years now. She has sat in the car at dozens of shows including 100 degree plus heat at two Nationals in Arlington, Leon you can attest to how tough that can be down there!

She once stood in line for three hours to get me a Mantle autograph, several people passed out in that line, it did get her a little closer now that I think about it.

She also has tripped over a pile of old media guides, bruising her leg and arm. I did move them that same day though!

She has even pretended not to notice some checks that have been written back in the old pre-paypal days. Then there was the time in 1988 that I spent almost all of our savings for a huge box of cards that had near sets runs from 1952-59. Well, she at least was not violent, that was in the pre-cell phone days or I would have called first. It helped four years later when the T cards went for the down payment on our now paid for home.

When the committee convenes I nominate her for the first inductee!!!!