View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Paul

Default Rings Around A Draining Tub

It is really disappointing to see all the BINs on ebay these days, and virtually no true ebay auctions. Sellers setting "high water marks" on cards they bought in the heady pre-recession days; but as the values/demand goes down the prices stick.

Sure buyers are having some success making off-line offers to the BIN listers, but those prices are not being set by the intersection of supply and demand, but instead just what one buyer would pay in one situation.

For this reason, Ebay used to be a great place to know exactly what your cards were worth, but no more.

There is not much difference between the BINs and an on-line photo album. I've been watching certain cards go unsold, and unreduced, for years now. I really just don't get that.

I know this has been talked about a lot on here, but I think it is important to notice the serious shift in the way ebay works for collectors. I believe ebay incented many of us to get more heavily involved in pre-war card collecting. But the way it is now is not appealing. This discourages collectors, which brings demand and value down, which perpetuates the cycle.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206