View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhey24 View Post
Those are some very cool tickets Scott -- what a no hitter collection you've built!
Being a Giants fan, I remember those back to back no hitters very well. Amazingly, if I recall correctly without looking it up, the very same thing happened again the next year, I think right around the same time as the moon landing.

Greg
Thanks Greg, Ricky, Mike amd Mark...

Greg and Mark, your memories are flawless!

The following year on April 30, 1969 Jim Maloney pitched his 2nd career no-hitter against the visiting Houston Astros, defeating them 10-0.

The very next day Astros fireballer Don Wilson duplicated the Perry Washburn back-to back no-hitter feat from a year earlier. Don Wilson also pitched his 2nd no-hitter against the hometown Reds 4-0 in front of another incredibly small crowd. Only 4,400 attended Wilson's masterpiece. After searching for this ticket for 39 years, I also finally found it in 2011.

NOTE: Wilson's life ended suddenly at age 31 in 1974 when he died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

BTW, the only other time that back-to-back no-hitters occured in ML history was in 1917 when Ernie Koob and Bob Groom did it in St. Louis.

Sorry, I don't have either of these to show!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-02-2011 at 11:01 PM.