Thread: exit strategy?
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ls7plus View Post
What I would very much like to do is enjoy my collection of HOF'ers (which is necessarily also giving me a very good start on a type collection!) while I'm here, because to me, as I've stated before, I've been a baseball history fanatic for most of my life. My collection brings that history right to me, because the card connects you to the player, and takes you back to the time--truly the history of the game you can hold right in your hand. If anything dire happens on an unexpected basis, I've educated my wife concerning the major auction houses, and she knows where to go with a lot of my collection.

When it's my time, especially if my wife's already gone, I plan on having my executor auction my collection with specific instructions that the proceeds are to be left to benefit God's missionary work. The church I currently attend is very heavily into sponsoring such work all around the world, and I'm involved in missionary work currently every 3rd Saturday and Sunday now at the local inner-city rescue missions, and have been for over five years. If I can further this kind of work on a global basis, it would be the best legacy I could possibly leave. God willing, let me enjoy holding the history of the game right in my hands, and then to Him goes the glory and the $$$ to further His work. Since I have no kids, there is no real conflict there (somehow, I don't think my 2 cats, Lucky (a wonderful, purebred golden tabby the neighbors across the street didn't want) and Pepperika (a rescued alley cat with the sweetest disposition you could imagine--I'm so glad we brought she and Lucky home) would mind or even miss the collection!

Great post as usual, Leon.

Best always,

Larry
Well said!