Thread: exit strategy?
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I think an interesting subject would be to discuss exit strategies for our collections. Now, this doesn't mean I am getting out, I am not. But some day most of us will sell, or otherwise part with, our collections. Another group will probably leave them to their heirs. Of course the economy and our financial situations come into play many times too. That being said I think it would be neat to do a catalog with my cards and all of the ancillary pieces that go with them, displayed together. Such as, when displaying my T206 Drum, maybe have the Drum pack, Drum carton and drum coupons beside it. Same thing with the candy cards, maybe have their packaging next to them? Has anyone else thought much about this?
It would be easy enough to do - buy some publication software and get after it. Even if you don't 'publish' it, it would still be a cool thing to have around for your own use. I have all sorts of 'collection' documents stored in Mac software (pages), that prints out very professional-looking. For instance, I've saved most of my recipes in a publishable recipe book format, interesting stories and photos also included. When a family member wants a recipe, I print off a very professional-looking glossy and send it to them. If I wanted, it's indexed with nice category pages, and could actually be published in hard copy. Very easy to do.

It doesn't have to be part of an exit strategy.

Last edited by Runscott; 10-31-2011 at 09:25 AM.