View Single Post
Old 10-06-2011, 07:38 AM
Paul S

Quote:
Originally Posted by spec View Post
I can confirm the existence of the Foto-Fun of Billy Sullivan Jr. As is frequently the case with this kid-developed set, the caption is discernible only with a magnifying glass, but it reads: "Bill Sullivan, C St.L. Am"
Also in the attached scan is a photocopy of a Chickering cabinet photo I have of Billy Sr., who had the audacity to write on the back a letter to the collector who requested it, thus costing me the highest rating on the PSA or SCG registries. What was he thinking?
Those are fantastic, thank you very much. I didn't even know about the Chickering cabinet. Let me know if you are ever interested in disposing of either of them. It's great to see that I'm not wasting my time looking for the Foto Fun. I'm pretty sure I have the photo that was used in the Foto Fun card.

I would think the writing on the back would actually increase its value. It would for me, anyway. Clearly he did not have the foresight to recognize that card collecting would become a lucrative field of endeavor. Otherwise I would not have had to acquire most of my collection via eBay. He also shouldn't have sold his catcher's chest protector patent to Spalding, but what are you going to do?

Last edited by pbspelly; 10-06-2011 at 07:46 AM.