View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:34 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Default pennants from this set

Hey everybody .... joining this near-dead discussion very late but as a pennant collector (and only pennants) I really like the pennants from this series. Some of you can tell by my avatar. I, too, thought they are from 1951, commemorating 1950, as there is a Cubs pennant from this set that celebrates an anniversary, with the final year 1951. But then, the Brooklyn Dodgers version of this pennant also lists them as National league Champions (which would rule out commemorating 1950).

Furthermore, there is a Boston Braves version of this pennant but I've also seen a Milwaukee Braves version with the names along the edge of the pennant from their '57 team. That could be a repro of some sort though as I always see it in pristine condition. Strangely I have seen a few of these with tassels, though most are made without. I've seen the Cubs commemorative pennant in Blue and Red and also with multi-colored print.

I am actually trying to complete this set. I need: Browns, Tigers, Cardinals, Indians. I am also looking for the aforementioned Cubs pennant. I might be forgetting one but I am in the office. The Indians pennant has been a "buy it now" for a long time but I don't want to pay that much.

Oh well ... thought I'd chime in ....