View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Steve Zarelli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt39 View Post
After following that link to bid on this lovely piece (kidding), I decided to check their "About" page. Their very first testimonial proves that they have at least some legit items:

• "When I chose to auction off my most prized personal momentos, there was no other choice but Coach's Corner."
Bobby Schantz -- Former Major League Baseball Player

So bid with confidence on Bobby "Schantz" items -- just make sure any signatures include the "c" that most forged autographs from the former Athletics great usually omit.

In all seriousness, I hope that Mr. Shantz -- who is a great signer through the mail -- made out okay on his auction, and I trust his involvement with the company was all on the up and up.
Apparently Darren Daulton sold some of his items through them as well.

I wouldn't expect these pros to necessarily follow the hobby closely to know all the background info on Coaches Corner.

Bear in mind, some of the worst offenders in Operation Bullpen -- Stans Sports and B&J Collectibles -- also sponsored signings and salted their fakes with real items. They are duping the athletes as well to help bolster their credibility.