View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Here's the situation. He lives in South Africa and bought the cards with HIS eBay account. The cards were paid for from his MOM's PayPal account (who also lives in South Africa). He asked the cards to be shipped to a Massachusetts address. He's screwed!

You cannot pay for an eBay transaction from a PayPal account that doesn't belong to you and be protected by eBay. You couldn't be more wrong on this.
No he isn't. I don't know where you have gotten your knowledge of eBay and PayPal, but it is very flawed.

He can file a PayPal case under that PayPal account! How could he be screwed? He can use that as proof of payment! How could he be screwed? Do you want me to call PayPal up and see what they say?

The whole point of this thread is to help 1acid out. What 1acid needs to do is file a case under his mother's PayPal account. Unless an item is sent to that address, he will win the INR case. If for some reason he can't open up a case through his mother's PayPal account, he can go to plan B. That would calling up eBay and showing proof of payment through the other PayPal account. He would probably have to confirm some of the information on both accounts, so he would need to have that printed out/written down.

So 1acid can

A. Do what I just said
B. Consider himself screwed and lose his money

A great forum for these issues is aspkin.com/forums. It's mainly for people having eBay and PayPal issues (suspended accounts, selling limits, etc.). Most people there sell on eBay as their main job, so they know just about anything there is to know about PayPal and eBay. People over there would know exactly what to do.

Last edited by Brendan; 08-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.