View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 12:26 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by drumback View Post
I really don't know much about them. Just picked up a Wagner on eBay and decided to collect a few of them. According to the standard catalog, the first four, all issued in 1910, are Cobb, Wagner, Jennings and Evers. It's interesting that your Evers is numbered. I have a Jennings, and it is not numbered. Don't know about the Wagner yet, as I hasn't yet arrived. I believe Doug Goodman is the authority on these. I'm hoping he might enlighten us.
Laughing out loud.

I would hate to think that I am the expert on these issues, because I know there is a lot that I don't know.

I do have about 650 different ones, so I probably am fairly far up the list of collectors if ranked by how many we have.

I only have two that are numbered, Evers #7 and Wagner #2 (which is trimmed).

I also have a Cobb that I feel "should" be numbered, it just feels like it's from that era to me. It's also the largest of my supplements at 12.5 X 21 inches (besides the 1957 issues, which are 17.5 X 21)

There are many variations to this issue. The same picture will often have the cities listed differently underneath. New York or NY or DC on the left and / or right sides. Occasionally the same picture will have different photographers credited. Some times there are different print fonts used.

I haven't attempted to sort mine by paper type, but I feel like I have variations where everything is the same except the paper.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/douggoo...7612023351081/

Most of mine can be seen at the above link. There are is probably some duplication with the same versions having different file names, but the vast majority are different.

I would be very interested in picking up versions that I don't have, and would also love to trade info with anybody who has put any study into these.

Take care,
Doug

Last edited by doug.goodman; 07-28-2011 at 12:27 AM.