View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 12:06 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
+100...............I have felt this same way my whole adult life. I could care less about watching today's major league games for all of the reasons stated. I can't stand the whole thing...the players, the owners, the everything about today's Major Leagues.

On a related note I read today where the local Texas Rangers Double A team, the Frisco Roughriders, just went over the 5 million mark in attendance. They are the most watched double A team in "business" today. I do like their games and everything about them. The tickets are about $10, the hot dogs are about $3, sodas about $3 and the parking is Free. Add to that the players are nice and they look like they are having fun. I still love the game....just can't stand the Majors nor do I watch any Major League games. And I am sure everyone on the board already knows my feelings as I have usually been in the vast minority and fairly outspoken....which is ok too. To each their own. best regards
You can't beat minor league baseball...you just can't. I won free tickets to today's game on the comfort zone couch (A contest I sign up for every year)..however it is over 100f today with a heat index of 110 and that black vinyl couch in the sun just doesn't sound like it's worth it today.