View Single Post
Old 07-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Josh Alpert

The 1977 Venezuelan Stickers are part of a much larger set, the US look-a-likes comprise only 54 consecutively numbered cards of the set (including the Jackson puzzle, but not the Parker puzzle), and I'm nearly certain they were unlicensed.

The cards themselves are not that tough to find, but they almost universally show evidence of having been glued into the album, more so than any other main-stream Venezuela issue from the 1960's.

Any card from this set graded PSA 3 or better is extremely rare because it implies there is no evidence of glue, assuming PSA didn't screw up. Finding these cards with no glue on the back is bordering on impossible. I've been building the 54 card subset for years, I've got them all, but managed to find only 32 of them with clean backs. There is virtually no chance I'll ever find all of the remaining 22 with clean backs.

That Munson card on eBay in the PSA 1 holder - it's worth about $25. That card is particularly beat up - often times, you can find examples with glue that look between EX - NM from the front without all the creasing. It also shows evidence of glue too, although looks like someone did some work to get the paper off - you can see the whiter splotches along the upper border on the back - that's where the card is typically glued.

Last edited by a761506; 07-02-2011 at 11:59 AM.