Thread: Hey Big Spender
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I have no problem with the original post but there are some problems with the tone and attitude that comes after.

The original post might be close but an educated "guess" is still a "guess." I also see that it does not allow for the auction houses that spend money on items to sell at a later date. I think your number might be a little inflated as Scott has said but not wildly off. I do think that as people come to the hobby and leave the hobby, the high end will be just that. Top percentage of all total collectors, precise number does not really matter.

As to Bruce himself, he is a total ass. In the past the threats, disgusting remarks about my profession and family, the awful language, and the attitude were just unbearable. No apology ever given to me or others. No sign of regret. Nothing. And all I did to deserve this? I asked Bruce why an obviously intelligent man would refer to himself in the third person?

Ask Bruce why he give money to the poor? He has said many times that the poor are "scum" and don't deserve charity. He does it as a tax break, pure and simple. Just an example of the type of guy he is.

And Bruce, the level of education and where you went to school have nothing to do with being a classy, educated, and intelligent member of society. It has to do with geography. As many people can point out, it is what you put into your education and how you approach it as opposed to what grades you got and where you went. Obviously you put effort to get where you are, lots of academic effort. If you put even a fourth of that towards becoming a better person, learning some tact, and being thankful for what you have been given you might be even more successful (yes, given...I am far more impressed with the kid that went to a junior college, started his own business, and worked it up into a successful and happy enterprise than someone who took other people's money and made more money...nothing into something trumps (pun intended) something into more something in my book).

Joshua Levine