View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Patrick N.

Default Respect

With all due respect, the intention of my thread was not discuss the numerous other issues with eBay, seller's with overpriced BINs, etc. but more so a new way of shopping that would allow the buyer to easily access and make bulk offers on items/inventory...The current format provides a "wall" between seller/buyer whereby you have to run in circles to contact seller.

Currently, it is logistically much more difficult to write "Joes" and say "Hey I'll take your '73 EX Ryan, these 5 T06s, oh and this '87 Fleer Bonds for $100..." than the idea I proposed whereby you would simply "check" items of interest and then hit a "Submit offer" button with your desired $...

The excitement of eBay was the perceived "deal/bargain" and "rush" one got from the auctions, and a simple format change would allow folks more flexibility to negotiate/buy in bulk from sellers. That said, collectibles in cards on ebay are probably .01% of total sales so maybe my idea would work for a site that was devoted to just collectibles.

Last edited by mintacular; 06-18-2011 at 08:20 PM.