View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:16 AM
Phil Garry

Default SOLD: 1935 New York Cubans (Negro League) Team Composite "Card" w/Martin Dihigo +

Good Morning, Collectors:

Up for sale today is an extremely rare 1935 New York Cubans Team Composite "Card" picturing Negro League Hall of Famer, Martin Dihigo. Dihigo is the player standing with a full-length pose to the right of cernter. Among the other players on the 1935 Cubans team are:

Lazaro Salazar (batted .390 in 1935)
Dick Lundy (batted .337 in 1935)
Alejandro Oms (batted .396 in 1935)
Frank Duncan
Luis Tiant Sr. (won 7 games)

In 1935, the Cuban lost a very close 7-game playoff series vs. Pittsburgh Crawfords, who had 4 HOF'ers that season.

This beautiful piece (approximately 4" X 6") originated from a much larger 1935 Negro League Broadside that also included team composite "cards" of 5 other Negro League teams from that season, the Pittsburgh Crawfords, the Homestead Grays, the Chicago American Giants, the Brooklyn Eagles & the Columbus team. This rare item has been authenticated and encapsulated by Beckett Grading Services as "Authentic" and is in PRISTINE CONDITION as evidenced by the scan. The back of the piece is blank and totally clean (scan available upon request).

Sale price on this beauty is $SOLD dlvd and the first person to e-mail me and state "I'll take it" is the new owner. My e-mail address is: vguerrerobb@yahoo.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MDihigo.jpg (77.8 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 09-27-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: SOLD