View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Bender View Post
I'm certainly not criticizing anybody. Leon set up the Board so that the Homepage is also the Pre-War baseball forum. That makes sense in that Pre-War is the primary purpose of the site; however, the proximity of the forum makes it easy to post OT here.

At many forum sites the home page is a list of all the forums on the site. IMHO this would help keep posts in the correct forum, if anyone cares about that. It would also help traffic in the other threads, which I believe Leon has posted about in the past. Members can bookmark the Pre-War forum (or any forum) and bypass the home page; newbies will get an overview of all Net54 has to offer before jumping into the threads.

I love Net54 either way and although I don't post much and am mostly post-war, I visit this forum every time I hit the site b/c the content is so good. Thanks to Leon and everyone who contributes.
I get the list when I click through from oldcardboard.

All in all, I think everythings fine. I like the idea of adding wrestling to the boxing section, although I don't collect wrestling cards specifically. Anything that makes the section more active sounds good. Calling it combat sports....I suppose that would let us add figure skating..../too obscure?

If there was a place for the more fringe sports like cycling and skiing......
Of course, I'd probably be the only one posting, so that's not a good idea.

Steve B