View Single Post
Old 04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
Peter F

Default I won them!

And I was very excited to get them for all the reasons some of you mentioned; unique, complete, t206 poses...

The auction had them listed with those HOFers (and Loudermilk) and I contacted them to correct the listing and sure enough they did.

I definitely agree that they are shirt buttons because why would there be SIX cufflinks. I was told they are not gold and look forward to doing some research as to when they were made and why these players were chosen.

When I did some research on the players 1909 seemed to be the year the almost each player did something of note -I don't remember my exact findings from a couple weeks ago but I believe in early 1909 Pelty threw a one hitter, Mullin a no-hitter,Conroy was expected to be a starting infielder who had a big following as a hardnosed ballplayer - but I don't know if the players would have been selected for such accomplishments.

More likely the maker just like the shots. But who knows.

Whatever the answers may be I am really proud to own them. If anyone can shed any light and provide any more info it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for starting the thread. I was going to post them when I got them in hand. And Happy Holiday time everybody.

peter